Friday, December 26, 2008

The Unknown Future....

Staring at my reflection
I wonder
who am I?
What am I meant to do?
Where am I going?
Those eyes stare back at me
through the mirror.
That face which is my own
is searching for something.
Was I meant for more?
How can I live an average life
when I feel like I was meant
meant for something more
for something bigger.
Who am I?
I want to live and die
for bigger things.
I want to live for more than just me.
Where am I going?
Which path is the one for me?
How am I to travel on it?
Who will be there for me,
and who won't?
Am I to go alone,
is my path a lonely one?
There's so many ways.
I need help knowing
which way was chosen for me.
Those blue eyes looking back at me.
That young face which is my own.
The life I am to lead
is not for me,
but for God alone.


I hope you like my short free verse that was from the top of my head... Its always a mystery to us what God's plan for us is. Sometimes it can be really confusing as to what we will do, who we will be, and what life we'll lead in the future. At least I have the comfort of knowing that everything is in God's hands, and that he has a plan for me. :-)

For those that have tried to post comments before, but couldn't, I figured out that I had to change a setting so that anonymous people can comment. So now if you haven't fed my blog some comment love before, feel free to do so now. :-)
I wish I was able to post more... but sometimes its hard to have passable things from the top of my head daily.

6 comments:

Jade Blackwater said...

I simply LOVE it britt!
I so regret i cant do poetry...well, I could, but it would not be good at all...I really enjoy all of your poetry...and unlike some poetry that makes no sense, yours does!
I love how it includes God, and how it is realized in the end, that you should give it all for God...
very nice!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Very nice! I think that that's my favorite one so far.... It's an easy one to relate to! :)

Heidi said...

Amen. Good poem Brittany.

Questions we all ask I think.

It's too bad that you weren't at boxing day. The speaker said something really cool. He said "Who am I?" Is the last question we should ask ourselves. Instead we should ask "What is the Bible" and "what does it mean for us."

We are "the people" and it is "our story."

Really really good seminar. What I'm saying right now might not make a whole lot of sense but it's something to think about.

Excellent conclusion on your poem though.

Brittany Bakker said...

Thanks :-)

And Heidi, I really wish I did go to that seminar/conference... Sheryl was telling me about that seminar after reading my post. It sounds really cool. Its true.. I wish I could have heard that seminar though. It sounds really cool!

Sarah by the Sea said...

i just read your poem and was going to leave the same comment as heidi, but she put it so well, there is no need for me to say it! :-)

Brittany Bakker said...

Its a very good point though.. its true.