Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I've been writing alot more free verse and poems lately... Some of them I've been posting here on my blog. But I'm starting to like writing them alot more. I wonder where all my writing will take me in the future. I thought for sure I would be writing stories, since I love them and all, but now I'm leaning towards verse.

I was just talking to someone. I asked for idea's for a verse, he said about how scary it would be to fall away from Jesus. I just wrote something not too long ago about a world without Christ. Maybe I'll be able to write something new with a somewhat similar theme.

I have joy.
My heart feels peace.
I rest my worries,
into Christ's care.
I might not be rich,
with money.
Or I might not have good health,
physically,
but I am rich
with grace
I have health
in my spirit
and Christ is there
for me.

Now take it away.
pretend I've fallen
If I'm not wealthy,
If I'm not healthy
I have nothing.
No reason to live,
yes scared.
Scared of death,
of the unknown
without the all knowing Jesus
my Savior.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How amazing to know we will never fall away from Jesus!

Brittany Bakker said...

I know :-)