Friday, December 12, 2008

Heaven

I was just trying to write a verse on heaven, and all God's angel's and hosts in them. For once not much came to mind... I honestly can hardly imagine it. I read through revelations and what is described in there is mind boggling. The most common view of heaven is that its going to be all pure angels singing in one big white choir with gold instruments and heavenly melodies. It might not all be white, but the bible tells us how we will be praising Christ for an eternity. Wow... imagine what it will be like? The Christmas story of when God's heavenly hosts come to the shepherds... imagine how great and terrible they seemed. God's hosts, saying in all loud voices "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace on men to whom His favor rests"
I love the song "By the Sea of Crystal". Whenever we sing it at church, I always think of heaven, and all the angels and saints in heaven.
Its going to take alot of thought and work to write a passable verse on heaven. Maybe one day I'll be able to write something. But I don't think I'd ever be able to describe God's majesty and His kingdom on paper...

No comments: