Thursday, December 11, 2008

The true meaning of Christmas
isn't in fireside stories,
gifts received and given
of a jolly man from the north pole
giving gifts to those who are good
and none to those who aren't
Christmas isn't parties of fancy dinners
of turkey and chocolate desserts
seeing friends is sure a plus,
but is that the meaning?

Isn't Christmas about Christ?
Being born in the stable of an inn,
when no doors were open for Him.
Christmas is about the shepherds who came
and bowed down with awe
Its about the One the wise men gave the gifts to
gold, frankincense, myrrh.
Christmas is for the one who the angels glorified.
The heavenly host of God saying
"Glory to God in the highest
and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests."

The true amazing love
of being in the humbled state of man.
Jesus is the meaning of Christmas.

I posted this for lack of anything else to post, and because I feel bad that I haven't posted anything in a while. Its just a little something I typed up on the computer just now. I hope I wrote it well enough. I kinda like it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

very true

I love Christmas.