Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Spring

Ok, so I realized I didn't even mention the t-shirt run in my boarding post! Well... it was cold. And if you're a beginner boarder like me, it also involves falling into the cold wet snow, and being painfully slow going down the slopes. So, if you want to know how cold it was, scroll down to friday's post that's titled "Cold". lol, and maybe change it from night, to day, from bare hands poking out of a warm coat to bare arms in only a t-shirt.
To change it up a bit, I want to write something a little bit warmer... lets fast forward to spring for a little while...

Slightly chilly breezes,
warm rays from the sun
on my skin
making me feel alive.
The freshness of the earth
is invigorating.
Small green shoots
poking out of the soggy soil
making their attempts to reach the sun
the warmth
the energy.
The heavens are blue,
the birds are singing
my heart feels joy
to be alive.
I see God's hand
in everything alive
in everything beautiful.
I see the mighty works
of His goodness
and I sing for the joy
that He gives me
in my heart.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Well I love spring.. but...

not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice poem though.

Brittany Bakker said...

lol, I know... not yet, but I was feeling a bit too cold..
I want to be able to go to snow valley some more.
I really hope I can go boarding more than once this season. Are there any snow valley dates for like the yps?

Heidi said...

no... there is likely a blue mountain date though.

but you should go on the 5th! or the 9th!

Brittany Bakker said...

I'm going to convince Jeff to drive some of us on the 5th maybe. lol. If he doesn't have a job by then. He's still searching but they're not hiring right now.

Ok, I'm reeeally sad because right now it doesn't look at all like I'll be coming tomorrow night :-(

Sarah by the Sea said...

thanks for stopping by britt!! :) i like your blog toooo :D

Brittany Bakker said...

thanks sarah! :-)