Sunday, May 24, 2009

hypocrites prayer

"Thy will be done
on earth as well as heaven"

Each day I pray this
before my meal at night
but I still want my own will
and for that I'll fight.
I pick my own job
because the Sundays pay well.
It started out good,
but then that job fell.
I chose also to date
someone that God didn't choose
and in that scenario
I really did lose.
I was looking for homes
and I found one that was nice
it wasn't near a church though
and I moved against my parents advice.
It was soon after I noticed
how things were always so wrong
It confused me sings I've been
doing Your will for so long.


Hey, this is my sad attempt at doing poetry while being bored tonight. I'm actually really tired... too many late nights in a row.
This poem doesn't really flow at all, but you can kinda get what I'm trying to say... I hope. lol

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Very nice!

Did you know that I wrote a poem with the exact same title?

That's great. :-)

last two lines are the best.

Anonymous said...

I like it too!

I thought it flowed well... but I'm not quite a poet.

Either way, I liked it! :)

Brittany Bakker said...

Thanks girls :-)