Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Father

First off, sorry that I haven't posted much in a while... I got some comments that my blog has been lacking. Hopefully that'll change and I'll be posting more in the next little while.

This past weekend at AOC was amazing! I made tons of new friends (who I'll always remember!) I was able to see a whole bunch of my friends from before, we had an amazing time with the songs that were picked out, the discussions and our groups were great! (Amazing leaders! Justine and Graham! :-D)
For the last discussion, we were asked to write on a piece of paper, our version of the Lord's prayer. Here is mine.

Our Father,
who watches over us,
holy be Your name.
May Your kingdom come
and only You have the fame.
May what you want
play out in my life
being thankful in good times
and humble with strife.
Give us what we need,
to get through each day.
Please help us to forgive others
and even for them pray
When temptations come
help us not fall.
But we know You'll be here
and with us through it all.
You reign over the universe
may all the glory be for You.
In every single thing we say
and in all that we do.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I like!

I kinda wish I'd kept mine so I could read it again...

Wow. What a weekend.

Anonymous said...

that's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's so lovely!!

I wish I kept mine too.... I probably would have rewritten it though, mine wasn't as pretty. :)

Brittany Bakker said...

Thanks girls!
Its kinda cool what you can sometimes write in five minutes if you're inspired :D
I loved my group! :)

Heidi said...

yeah who were your leaders?

my group was FanTAStic.

p.s. I posted! not on AOC though... :-(

Brittany Bakker said...

Justine Lodder was one of them, and Graham Wulff the other.
Who were your group leaders?

I'm definitely missing AOC... but I'm thinking that at hymnsings we should bring our music sometime and sing with some of us! Since we probably have at least one from every group. It'd be cool! What do you think?

Heidi said...

Mine were Luke Bonvanie and Katrina Vandenberg. AWESOME leaders AWESOME group.

yeah that would be really sweet to do sometime!

Brittany Bakker said...

Man, I'm so excited for hymnsings to start!
I might have to miss the first one though.. :-(