Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quotes

Here are some quotes that I like about sisters...

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine

You can kid the world. But not your sister. ~Charlotte Gray

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown

lol, all of these quotes are true... especially that last one. Ok, so what if I'm the one who is wearing the sweater... lol.
Here are some friendship quotes. I dedicate them to my best friends (you girls know who you are!)

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself she doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another "What! You too? I thought that of no one but myself.” ~C.S. Lewis

Hope you guys like these... I know I do. :-)




5 comments:

Heidi said...

Yep those are great.

Sister are amazing.

Friends too.

Ok.

That's the end of my inspiring comment.

lol

Unknown said...

wow heidi i feel soooooo inspired by ur comment lol! and where have u been hiding anyways from all social event s cept those in the states??????? did u find a american boy???????????????

Anonymous said...

Hi! Those are great quotes! :) I love quotes! You're right, sisters and friends are great! :)

Brittany Bakker said...

thanks heidi and suzanne!
btw ben. We live in america. so, technically, you're an american boy. I'm an american girl, heidi's an american girl... etc.
So... what you're saying doesn't make sense.
Btw, she came to THE funnest conference today. It was awesome. Wish you could have come though..

Jade Blackwater said...

i likes it! haha, for me, I do kno what it feels like to love my sisters to peices and wring their necks...but mostly the second one.