Thursday, November 6, 2008

Amnesia

There I was. I was staring at myself in the mirror... trying to recognize the reflection that stared back at me. Her midnight black hair shimmered in the short shoulder length that it fell to. My icy blue eyes searched for something, anything. I remembered nothing. My complexion was flawless and light. My dainty nose held no freckle or blemish, but only pale skin, like the rest of me. My slightly arching eyebrows suited my petite, mature face. If I had to guess at the age of the reflection before me, I might have guessed 17 or 18.
I propped myself up on the dingy sink and let my head drop from the questioningly gaze from my image in the mirror. One stray thought kept on coming into my head, over and over. Who am I?
I stood back up straight, and without looking back to the cracked mirror, I turned around and sat in the corner of the small bathroom. I hugged my knee's to my chest and sat there, staring. The off-white tiles in my line of vision had smudges of dirt and residue on them, the corners between the poorly tiled walls and the linoleum flooring had dust, dirt, and who knows what else in them.
I had no idea why I was here, what I was doing, and most importantly, who I was.

Please excuse this. It had to come out... bad thing for me (and those who read it) That its coming out at the end of day... past the time I usually go to bed... when I write my worst. Maybe one day I'll edit it. But for now, this is what you get ;-)
I'm off to sleep, and my dreams. G'night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brittney! I didn't know you were a writer! I like it, it's really descriptive. :)

Brittany Bakker said...

Thanks suzanne! :-)

Heidi said...

I like it!! Really!

It's a perfect intro

Brittany Bakker said...

Thanks Heidi :-)

Maybe not the perfect intro though. I could have done better, but I was tired :-P

Jade Blackwater said...

it's amazing britt! i agree, it's really desciptive!
my writing teacher would love you!

Brittany Bakker said...

I wish I could have a writing teacher... that'd be amazing! I want to look into night classes at niagara college for grade 12 or after highschool.

Jade Blackwater said...

that would be pretty cool. i want to do the same thing...lol i hope i get to! thanks for all the comments though!