Thursday, November 13, 2008

Downhill

Just to let you all know, this isn't about boarding, because... I've never been boarding before. BUT, it is about blading, which is super cool too. I'm sure I'll be able to write another one after my first time boarding... except probably alot slower, lol. Just to let you know, I haven't edited anything on it yet, because I'm basically really bored right now, so its another quickly write and post thing. Which is what this blog consists of... so if it sucks, then... its because I didn't get too much time to write it, and its late ;-)

The icy cold wind sent my hair streaming behind me. The sleek white snow beneath my snow blades sent me speeding down the steep hill. The exhilaration of the feeling made my heart beat faster. I slowed down for a moment and took in a deep breath of the fresh crisp air around me. The tree's all around me glittered in the sunlight as the snow and ice reflected off of their bare branches. I felt as though I was in a winter wonderland. A skier came down the trail behind me silently, and me after having slowed down, watched as he whizzed past. I smiled slowly and put my blades straight again and sped down the hill once more. My fingers were half frozen, my face almost numb, and I was sore from numerous falls, but none of that mattered when I felt the wind and sun in my face and the adrenaline in my veins.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

oh yes.

I look forward to reading your boarding one.

lol

Brittany Bakker said...

its probably going to be full of bruises and falling down.
lol
And I also hope I can write it during the day and make it at least passable to read ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm excited for the boarding one!!! *sigh* now I'm really excited for the slopes... ;b

Jade Blackwater said...

it's really good brit!