Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friends

I would write a poem or something on friends... BUT, I'll save that for later. The conference was really great at Immanuel today and last night. I liked the speeches on depression. All of it is true!
One of the best antidotes for depression that God gives us are friends. Not friends that will say what you want to hear, but they'll say what you need to hear. They're there for you when you're confused, they're there to make you smile. Some of my friends are wise. (Honestly!) I can ask them any question, and you know you'll get an answer you'd probably not think of, AND it will make sense! They're the kind of people I want to always brighten their day. Even if I can't brighten my own. I can be honest with them, I can be myself and not try to act like someone else. Its too hard to try to conform to someone elses opinion and their tastes. I sometimes feel sorry for all those other girls and guys who don't know my friends. Poor people, they don't know what they're missing out on!
I thank God in prayer daily for the blessings he has given me. God is good. :-)

4 comments:

Alyssa DeGroot said...

aww thats so sweet, i feel the same about my friends too. thank God.

i'll always be there for you britt!! at least i'll try...luvyaz and see u this weekend!! kbye! =)

Heidi said...

This is beautiful.

I was thinking the other day how truly incredible it is.

If you stop and think of how many different kinds of people there are in the world.

And how MANY people.

So what I want to know is, how do we end up with such a high concentration of one-in-a-million incredible, amazing people on fire for God??

He is So Good.

Brittany Bakker said...

Definitely. God is good... I love all my awesome friends. I don't know what I'd do without all them!

Anonymous said...

I definitly agree!!! I love all my friends!!!