Saturday, January 31, 2009

Apple's

I once went out to a mackintosh orchard, the owner said we an apple if we wished to. It was still early in the season, and hardly any looked ripe enough to eat. The orchard was overrun with weeds and insects, making this quest of finding a good apple even harder! Some had been picked too early, and instead of still becoming ripe and beautiful, they went from being sour, to being rotten. As much as I looked, I couldn't find a single ripe one, most of them were hidden from the sunlight in the dark, and not growing as much as they should. But then, something caught my eye as I looked up, there was the biggest, shiniest, ripest apple I could ever hope for! It was well out of reach, but I wasn't afraid to work hard and climb up to get it.
I climbed, higher and higher, over branches that weren't very sturdy. I fought my way to the branch, and gently plucked the bright apple. I brought it back down to the safety of the sturdy, hard ground. What came next was satisfying and delicious. It was the best apple I had ever tasted! I was glad I didn't settle for a half-ripe one, but kept on searching till I found the perfect one. Mmmm...

No comments: