Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boarding

A rush of adrenaline hits you
as you rush down the hill.
Speed quickly gaining
faster and faster.
You lose yourself in the feeling
of being alive.
The wind hits your face
the cold seeps in
but you don't feel it
all you can feel is the pull of gravity
bringing you ever downwards.
A jump looms closer and closer,
you steer your board towards it.
Your courage almost fails you
watching yourself come to it.
You've never felt it before
as you launch into the air.
And for only a second
you feel free.
Those dreams of flying high in the sky
become real.
As your board makes contact once again
with the pure white snow
your heart stays up
high in the clouds.
You stop at the bottom of the hill
and you're itching to go back up
and repeat it all again.

I know I've written alot about snow and boarding... but I couldn't resist to write another one after my last time boarding. It was alot of fun! I'm glad I went off of the jumps... even if it was only a couple times. I landed two, barely made another one, and fell when going off two.
Sorry if my verse isn't the greatest... but I needed to get it out before I could concentrate on my science. lol. Hope you enjoy it, even if its not too well written.

8 comments:

Sarah by the Sea said...

:-) alright, i'll feed you! thanks for sharing about boarding! i've never gone myself, and it's interesting to read your perspective on it!

Heidi said...

are you kidding? that's awesome.

I want to go again. Though I stink majorly at the jumps.

I blame it all on my board. :-P

Anonymous said...

no way britt, its good and it describes the moment exaclty, we deff, have to go again

Brittany Bakker said...

you should come boarding sometime sarah!! It'd be really awesome.

Haha, well... be happy you have a board! lol. You have to help me when I get a board though Heidi.. I'll be totally lost!

And sean, are you going in march? Is there one or two ski dates for snow valley?

Heidi said...

I should help you? :-P

I don't know much about them.

Brittany Bakker said...

Well, you probably know alot more than me

OK, today I saw in the store on the bulletin board a snowboard for sale... it was 63 inches, and it was a Liquid board... they said its basically brand new and never been used (if I'm 5 foot 5 inches... would that be too big a board?) it was a pretty good price too

Alyssa said...

YEAH WHOO!!

totally nailed it britt. don't edit it girl...

nice going! we need to go boarding again ehh??

luvya :)

Brittany Bakker said...

thanks alyssa!
You going boarding on the 23rd of feb? I want to... it'd be awesome :-)