Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cottage Life

I wrote this one evening during our stay at Limberlost Point (In early June) I kinda liked it, maybe you guys will too...

The breeze tugs at my short brown hair as I bask in a burning hot sun. Gently, the waves lap against the side of the raft. Up, down, up, down the rhythm gently lulls my mind into a lazy daze. My once wet skin is rapidly drying, and the towel beneath me becomes damp.
Voices in the distance slowly bring me out of my peaceful daze. I look up from the spot where I lay to se a man and a boy climbing into a small motor boat. Small wisps of my hair screen my vision.
The wind dies down a bit as I lay my head back down to the towel and once again return to my idle thoughts and sleepy state of mind.

Its not very good, but I was bored when I wrote it. I still have my journal from the cottage, and I have many more random paragraphs, but this time not about me and my lazy vacation afternoon.

1 comment:

Jade Blackwater said...

i likes it! like all yer other posts, but owell...i will make myself heard *nods head|*