Saturday, November 21, 2009

memories, once again.

Long ago and forgotten.
Memories settled in dust
once again.
Like an old guitar
worn out with old strings.

Blow the dust off the top
make the old look new,
once again.
Replace the strings
strum the chords
once again.
Hear the music that wants to be heard
lift your voice and sing
once again.

Clear notes ringing.
You've heard it before.
Something in the back of your mind
remembers.
Like a picture frozen in time
distant, dim.
But its there.
Such a sweet sound
resounding in the darkness
ringing
to even the abandoned corners of your mind.
Clearing the dust from your thoughts,
making you remember
once again.

3 comments:

Brittany Bakker said...

So.. I may or may not have just typed this off the top of my mind.. I just had the word "memories" and took it from there.
I was in a writing type of mood.

And in case you people want to read a slightly un-epic fail here's what I started writing before I scratched it and started over. (It doesn't really deserve its own post. )



So far away,
yet in the mind,
so vivid.
A connection to the past.
Like a song
playing softly in the distance.
You can hear it
you know it
yet the distance distorts it.
Memories of what once was
creep into waking thoughts
as the past comes to the future
to either bring happiness
or misery.
Sometimes to haunt
other times to remember fondly.

Heidi said...

Are you joking me? I like that one at least as much if not better.

They are both epic.

Brittany Bakker said...

Really? Hmm.. maybe I will put it up on a different post..
naww, people who see my blog and comment on it will see it.. (so that means two people might see it. LOL)