Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dreams

Based on a true story. lol ;-)

I lay on my bed
and my thoughts grow,
from something small
to something more.
I drift off to sleep
with a smile on my face,
because I'm returning
to that special place.

I'm on top of a hill
with wings by my side
a board under my feet
I begin to fly.
below my snowboard
the earth whizzes past
and I just want this moment
to forever last.
I fly off the jump
and the board is gone
I'm soaring with my wings
in the heavens alone.
But something brings me
back down again
a scream in the throat
I try to refrain.
Something large and monstrous
tries to catch me
as I try hard
to just stay free.
The light from the heavens
dim and go black,
I can hardly see where I'm running
with the monster at my back.
My feet grow heavy
its too hard to run
all i want now
is to be safely home.

One dream turns to another
and suddenly I'm alone
I turn to see
a house so forlorn.
I would go in
but I know its in my dreams
it could turn sour
nothings as it seems.

I wake with a start
my dreams now a haze
already drifting from memory
hardly a daze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I was wondering where you were!!

I really like this one!!! (I know I say that about them all, but it's true. :)

Heidi said...

wow you have interesting dreams! lol